Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On your mark...

I've started laying out the pages for the first book of Darkness Aftermath. The first page is essentially the top of clouds... they're not as easy to draw as you'd think! I skipped page two, it's more clouds with a shot of a small hut. I want to get an idea of how the caretaker's hut is situated with regards to the cliff before I sketch it in. I have the first page with dialog blue-penciled in and I kind of like how it's turned out so far even though I haven't drawn in almost two months! It's difficult for me to draw people as they are, not sensationalized like in most comics, I have a tendency to lean towards dynamic poses and muscular figures, I'm doing my best to keep it realistic yet fun. I'll probably have to sketch in a few more pages before I trust my hand-eye coordination to do finished drawings.

3 comments:

allen etter said...

POST IMAGES, DAMMIT, POST IMAGES!!!

(he pleads kindly)

allen etter said...

Hey, I seem to have lost your email...can I get the DA DVD back to make a copy...then you can have it back..unless you want to make a copy and give one to me.

jonzig said...

I took a bunch of screenshots and am going to try to drop off the DVD tonight (monday).