Monday, October 20, 2008

Found It!!

Ok, so everyone's experienced having a song stuck in their head and have been frustrated not being able to pinpoint who sings it or whatever... This happens to me too, but I'm a bit odd and have had a portion of a song stuck in my head for the past decade or so that I could only recall was a song from the 80's. I couldn't recall any lyrics just a series of ascending notes that were either from a saxophone or a keyboard, which narrowed it down to every song released between 1980 and 1989.

Well, I was randomly rooting around youtube the other day and found that damn song!!! Anyone remember the band 'Haircut 100'? Well, they had set up shop in my noggin and refused to leave!

The notes that were stuck in my head are the one's being played during the chorus where the singer repeats the word 'Ring' over and over about 1:04 into the song. Actually, I think they were on VH1's 'Bands Reunited' not too long ago which probably further cemented them into my psyche.

Love Plus One by Haircut 100... apparently they all liked to hike their pants up pretty high in the early 80's (shades of Ed Grimley).

No comments: