Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bone to Pick

I recently heard an interview with Dee Dee Myers (former Willy Clinton press secretary) pushing her new book "Why Women Should Rule the World"... apparently, everything would be soooo much better if more women held powerful positions. "Women tend to be better communicators, better listeners, better at forming consensus,"

I offer Exhibit A to prove her point. Hmmmm......

Both genders are equally capable of atrocious acts. I've noticed that women also tend to remember mistakes and insults longer and 'more clearly' than men, not sure if that would bode well for world peace.

1 comment:

allen etter said...

AMEN BROTHER!

Here is another issue...

Man 1: how was your day?

Man 2: Sucked.

Man 1: Bummer.

Man 2: Let's watch a movie.

End of discussion...

Woman 1: How was your day? No wait...let me tell you about mine. Remember Janine? She was the one at the party the other day who is married to Rick. Well she has a friend with a mole that looks just like the one that Cindy has. That reminded me of Candy because Cindy and Candy's names look so much a like. Well, anyway, Candy made me realize that it has been months since I've had a Mars candy bar and that made me think about my weight. Do I look fat?

Guy: Uh...

Woman 1:Thanks a lot you jerk. I don't want to actually communicate, I just want to nag all the time and have you listen without input until the time I deem it the right time for you to speak at which time you had better not screw up the conversation by being a guy and saying anything logical, smart or correct. THESE ARE FEELINGS NOT THINKINGS!

(based on a true story)